Saturday, June 11, 2011

amish country

Ohio may not be a top state as a vacation hot-spot, but there is plenty to do in my home state and I'm only familiar with things in the northern part of the state...I imagine there is more down near Cincinnati.
  • We have quite a few zoos (I've been to 3 of the 5 that I know of - Cleveland, Columbus, and Akron)
  • We're home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (Cleveland) and the Football Hall of Fame (Canton)
  • We're home to the Cleveland Browns, Cavs, and Indians (ok so none of these teams are all that amazing, but we take great pride in our sports teams!) We are also home to the Cincinnati Bengals and Reds.
  • We are home to Cedar Point (Sandusky)
  • We have amazing local vineyards with a specialty in Ice Wine (I have tried Ferrante's and Breitenbach) because we get a great frost in the winter
  • We have Amish Country (ok so you can get this in PA too, but it's much more conservative there)
  • (There is more I'm missing, but these are the highlights my mommy brain can think of in 5 minutes)
Yesterday we took a visit to Amish Country and it was a great adventure. My mom wanted to visit some fabric stores and some different general stores. We also got amazing Amish food and lots of baked goods and candy! They have a huge selection of Burt's Bees products and I was really excited to find their Bug Repellent on clearance! I never have good buys like that, but I found it $4.50 and I couldn't pass it up. This will be perfect for camping :)

2 comments:

Louise said...

I love Ohio!!! I think it has an incredible amount of fun activities available. Sounds like a lovely time in Amish country. :)

Jessica said...

I love Amish Country! It's been way too long since I've gone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...