Saturday, April 16, 2011

baby print

Little Russ is turning 1 at the end of this month (his party is tomorrow, though) and I wanted to give him and his parents something special. He's probably going to get a ton of clothes and toys, so I tried to be creative and I was on a budget!

When I was pregnant I found this idea on etsy and I thought I could do that (yes I'm guilty of stealing borrowing ideas off etsy.) Unfortunately I didn't save who I got the idea from, I just have folders and folders of crafts I want to try but I never remember to save who the idea is from...I'm getting better though with the help of evernote.com.

Anyways, I made this sweet gift for him and I plan to make this a "thing" for 1st birthdays. The whole project only cost $10 but $5 of that was for a pack of paper so I can make many more of these in the future. The last line has his parents name, something I didn't think people needed to know. I have one made up for W already I just need to print it out and I'll post a pic when it's all complete. It took me a couple of hours to get everything just right with the font and sizing, but it was worth it!

3 comments:

Meredyth said...

Love this idea :)

For my cousins (Tanyon, Camden and AJ, the ones we're really close with), I made them scrapbooks for their 1st birthdays with pictures throughout that year, and then updated them each year. It's something more personal than just a toy or clothing. Tanyon always mentions his special book and all of the cool memories in it.

Holly said...

This is so cute!! What a great keepsake and it's very unique.

<3 Holly

XLMIC said...

It is a super sweet gift! It will be very treasured, I am sure :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...