Tuesday, February 15, 2011

visit to New York

70. Visit grandparents in New York (February 9-12, 2011)

This past week, we took a trip to New York to visit W's great grandparents (Oma and Opa) and his great great grandma (Nana). It was really special to have 5 generations together and something that is really rare. My Nana will be 96 this year, but she is doing great - still lives on her own! We were hoping to go down to the city, but it was too cold to have W outside so we're planning to go in September.
Nana, W & I, my mom, and my grandma. We were all looking at different cameras so I don't have a great picture, but I'm glad I got a few!
Nana with W. She loves babies and was so excited to hold him. She has 7 great great grandchildren but this is the first one she has met (and probably the only one as the rest live far away).
W was amazing in the car. He slept pretty much the whole time. He did have a major blow-out somewhere in PA, which was quite humorous for my mom and I. I managed to change him on the seat of the Traverse we borrowed because we couldn't find a place with a changing table!

You can visit my 101 Things List to check out more of what I plan to accomplish this year!

3 comments:

XLMIC said...

That "5 Generations" picture is such a treasure! So glad it was a great trip :)

Holly said...

How awesome! I love these pictures, and Wylie looks like such a sweet little boy in his car seat :) Haha...I have to admit I just laughed out loud when you said he had a blowout. Picturing that is just too funny, even though I'm sure it wasn't *that* funny at the time :) I'm glad you had a grea time!

<3 Holly

Samantha said...

New follower here! My son is a few weeks younger than your so I can't waint to read your blog! If you wanna stop by mine is http://letsmakeafamily.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...