Wednesday, January 5, 2011

happy 1 month to my son


Stickers from Picky Sticky
Socks from BabyLegs

It's crazy to think W is already one month. I look at him and I'm already sad by how much he has grown. I tell Aaron everyday I wish he would stay little forever. The time goes by so fast, I hardly know what day it is. Before I know it he'll be a year old and I can't even imagine what he'll look like and be like then. He is slowly getting into a routine and his personality is starting to come out, I know each month will bring many more milestones (like his first smile!!)

Baby Stats:

Sleep: Little boy is not much of a sleeper, at any time of day. He's one to party hard all day and night and survive on short bursts of sleep. One rare occasions he will sleep a 3-hour stretch at night. Aaron and I take turns through the night so we each can get a good stretch of sleep (the most mine has been is 4 hours, but that's because I'm breastfeeding). He only likes to sleep snuggled in close to us, but we're trying really hard to get him to sleep on his own. As much as I love snuggling up with him and feeling his little breaths on my chest, I would like him to learn to sleep in his bassinet. I know we still have time for this, so hopefully this will be an improvement next month.

Routine: Absolutely no routine! I let him sleep when he wants, eat when he wants, and play when he wants!

Feedings: He usually eats every 1.5 to 2 hours, and sometimes he'll go 3 hours at nighttime. The pediatrician assured me he will stretch out his feedings more and I'm crossing my fingers for this. He's a growing boy, so that's all that matters right now.

Weight: 9 lbs 6 ounces

Length: 21 inches

Diaper size: Newborns, but it looks like we'll be going up to size 1 soon!

Clothes: Newborns, 0-3 months are still too big around the middle but they fit his long legs

Mommy Stats:

(these stats are from 2 weeks after giving birth)

Pre-Pregnancy Weight: 104 lbs
Day of Delivery: 138 lbs
2 Weeks Post-Partum: 117 lbs
Weight to go: 7-10 lbs (My goal weight is 110 and I think I am very close at this point. I cannot wait to start working out, I'm going stir crazy just sitting on the couch without doing some cardio.)
Pre-pregnancy Cup Size: 34A
Current Size: 34C

2 comments:

Holly said...

I can't believe he's already a month old! This month went by so fast. I hope the sleeping and eating gets easier, but otherwise it sounds like he is a great little healthy baby :) And you're doing great too! You'll be able to fit into your skinny jeans in no time ;) Love the picture, he is adorable!!!

<3 Holly

XLMIC said...

The feeding does stretch out and a "routine" usually does kick in... if you watch and learn from him, he will probably clue you in to how he wants that "routine"! lol This time really does go so fast... even though the sleep-deprivation seems eternal right now! Congrats! he is adorable! and it sounds like you are being just the BEST mamma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...