Wednesday, December 1, 2010

advent calendar



My brother and I grew up with an advent calendar that looked just like this, and so when Aaron and I got our own place, I just knew we had to have one of our own. Two years ago my sister-in-law and I started on this crafty project and I have only just now finished mine! I will say that making all of the ornaments and sewing the hook and eyes was the most time-consuming part, but I love how it turned out! Once all the ornaments are up on the tree, I'll take a final picture, but I don't want to jump ahead in the month :) I have two blank stockings on the tree as well, one for when our son arrives, and another for a future child...it would be easy to make more if God blesses us with more children!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I *love* this!! It is adorable, I've never seen something like this before!! You did a great job :) And this will be something great for you to keep from year to year and have your children grow up using this, too! So creative :)

<3 Holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...