
I have begun to think about what goodies to put in my hospital bag, and my goal is to have it completely done by 36 weeks. I am going with a complete Christmas theme because there is nothing more joyful and calming than Christmas spirit! I'm probably going to go completely overboard with the theme, but I only get to have my first baby once and I want the entire experience to be as positive as possible. To begin I'm packing everything in my green suitcase. I am packing my red and green argyle socks, gingerbread scented body wash and lotion (samples from Philosophy), and Peppermint lip gloss (also from Sephora). I am working on a play list of Christmas music, mostly instrumental or soft music so that it's soothing - Aaron won't tolerate Christmas music for too long, so this may not last the whole time. I'm also packing my favorite Christmas DVDs/VHSs (Frosty, Rudolph, Santa Clause is Coming to Town, Elf, Noel, and The Santa Clause) because our birthing suite has a DVD player and VCR. I want to have a cozy room and if I could light candles I would probably have them all over the room! You think they would let me hang Christmas lights?
Some items I am thinking about buying to add to my bag: ribbon candy and peppermints (for after the birth), Vanilla Verbena massage oil from Bath and Body Works (not necessarily Christmas-y but it is stress relieving and the hospital really recommended we bring massage stuff), and slippers like these.
I already have little boy's going home outfit picked out, and it isn't a Christmas outfit. Everything we have says "Baby's First Christmas" and I just didn't think they were appropriate...unless of course he hangs around until Christmas!
I am open to any other suggestions to add to my theme :)
2 comments:
That theme is awesome! How fun and cool.
Maybe a tiny Christmas tree? Like the one that can sit on a window ledge. Also, Celtic Women have some good, soothing songs that might be good to add to your playlist.
I love the tree idea, Meredyth! Also, I think my mom has some Celtic Women CDs, so I will have to check them out.
Thank you for the ideas :)
Post a Comment