Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 9


Day 1: My favorite song
Day 2: My favorite movie
Day 3: My favorite television program
Day 4: My favorite book
Day 5: My favorite quote
Day 6: My favorite music video
Day 7: A photo that makes me happy
Day 8: Describe the style I had 10 years ago
Day 9: A photo I took
Day 10: A regret I have
Day 11: A story from my childhood
Day 12: How I got one of my scars
Day 13: How do I think others view me?
Day 14: The cuteness of my pets
Day 15: A poem I wrote
Day 16: A song that makes me cry (or nearly)
Day 17: An art piece that is my favorite
Day 18: My best friend
Day 19: A talent of mine
Day 20: A hobby of mine
Day 21: A recipe
Day 22: My deepest fear
Day 23: A love letter to myself
Day 24: My guilty pleasure
Day 25: Tattoos I want
Day 26: The last random act of kindness I encountered
Day 27: The last thing that made me cry
Day 28: Advice for my 15-year-old self
Day 29: Hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30: What have I learned about myself in the past 30 days?

I went through all the folders on my computer looking for a photo I hadn't posted on my blog...I don't want to be repetitive and boring! This picture is of my car after the accident I had at the end of January. I never posted pictures because it took me some to move past the negative memory, and now I can look back on it and see how really blessed I am. The inside of the car was perfectly fine, the air bags did not deploy, so I really wanted them to fix my Aveo because I loved it so much. Unfortunately it was a total loss (not really surprising from the photo), but the blessing out of it was that we got the full value for our car and we were able to buy a new car with much more space - perfect for a car seat :) I do love my G6, but I loved my Aveo. I don't think ever posted the details of the accident, so here you go!

I was following Aaron to my parents house because he was moving back to start the Bonnie season. We were on a busy interstate on a Saturday afternoon (driving through Akron, OH if anyone is familiar with that area) and I was in the middle lane (I always call this the "hug lane"). I went to switch into the left lane to pass a slower car in front of me but when I looked in my blind spot I saw a car had whipped around me in the left lane and so I panicked and pulled the wheel too far too the right. My car is so tiny that I could not gain control of it at that point and so the car swung around to the right lane and I hit the tires of a semi head on. I remember closing my eyes when I saw the underneath of the semi and saying a prayer, I thought for sure that was the end. By some miracle I only hit the tires and they swung my car back around the left and I hit the center cement barrier. I have no idea I crossed three lanes of traffic and only hit the tires of a semi, because there was traffic all around. Aaron saw the whole thing happen in his rear-view mirror and I remember watching him run across the interstate to make sure I was okay. He said he expected the worst and was totally shocked to see that I was perfectly fine, just a little shaken up.

God really blessed the two of us in this situation and I am not sure I could ever express how thankful I am.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...