When I found out I was pregnant, the first thing I did was pray. Throughout the past 28 weeks, I have been constantly amazed at the miracle that is pregnancy. How could one not believe in God? I picked up "Birthed in Prayer: Pregnancy as a Spiritual Journey" as recommended from a friend and it has been wonderful to find a deeper connection with the Lord through this new experience.
Recently we have run into some financial trouble that has both Aaron and I on edge. It's so easy to become discouraged when it comes to money (and the lack of it), but I am constantly reminding myself of the many ways God has blessed us and will continue to bless us. Blogger at Lucy's Life posted an awesome blog listing Scripture she is using to encourage her during labor. I spent some time last night writing them on note cards that I now have next to my bed. I plan to place them at the top of my hospital bag, but I am reading them throughout the day as an encouragement. I keep repeating to myself that all things work together for good, for those who love God and are following His path (my own paraphrase). It's impossible for me to know if I'm within God's plan, but I have faith that I'm not too far off track.
2 comments:
Hey Ashley -- I've been lurking on the blog (Holly told me to go look at it for your cute belly photos). Anyway, I wanted you to know this is such a great idea... and I may borrow it whenever I am pregnant. That book sounds like a really good read too.
God is so good. Since i have been pregnant a miracle in its self, God has been poring out the blessings. Some times it's easy for me to get stressed about money and how everything is going to work out with me missing so much work but then i remember that this is God's doing and he is going if he can make this life grow in me he is going to provide for it too.
Post a Comment