Tuesday, September 7, 2010

life *edit*

I realized I hadn't posted a picture of the ring I got in Mexico. I wanted to get a turquoise ring to remember our vacation and because it is the birthstone for December (hopefully our son decides to wait until then to meet us!) The ring is also a part of my 101 things list in buying a ring I love. My plan is to have the little one's name engraved in it when the time comes :)

I have spent the past few weeks looking at nursery furniture and I had pretty much decided on the white furniture from IKEA. We have a trip planned on the 19th to go to IKEA, but I discovered that they don't have the changing table in stock and I cannot order it online. This sent me into a frantic search for something new, but I just cannot find something I like in white. I think I have decided on a different set from IKEA that is completely different than what I originally planned, I just don't know how it will look with the nursery bedding. I'm not sure why this is such a hard process, but I'm hoping we have a crib and changing table by the end of September. I'm pretty sure I'm stressing over nothing, but I want something that is going to be a good quality, but isn't going to break the bank! If nothing else, I hope to find a rocker/glider on our trip to IKEA :)

I found a Lamaze class that I think we're going to take. It is two Saturday's in October for a total of 12 hours of class time. I'm not sure how Aaron feels about it because it is $100, but that includes meals, snacks, and the Lamaze book. I trust their program more so than I do the cheap classes offered at the hospital, especially because I don't entirely trust the hospital we're delivering at. The classes are about 45 mins away, so it's not ideal, but it's something I would really like to do for our first child.

*edit*
We called IKEA and they aren't placing an order for out of stock items for another two weeks so they told us to call back then to find out if and when the changing table might be in. We're going to stick with the white crib because I adore it and I found another changing table that matches the style of the crib (and only a little bit more than the original with shipping). This other changing table would only be a backup if in fact we cannot get the one we want. I feel slightly better having resolved this issue, but I am still having a hard time finding a rocking chair. A glider is too big for the baby's room and really it is an unnecessary purchase (gliders start at $150). I cannot find a plain white rocking chair anywhere that isn't as ridiculously priced as gliders. I must be really cheap, but what happened to good quality at affordable prices? So, my hunt continues...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...