Friday, September 24, 2010

29 weeks

Maternity clothes? You should see me put on my non-maternity jeans, it's quite a sight :P Yes I do still have 3 pairs of jeans that mostly fit, but they really are not the that comfortable. I have a cute pair of black pants, but they are too dressy for the moment. It seems as though it's going to stay warm into October, so I may get away with wearing maternity shorts for a little bit longer.

Baby's size? Little boy is the size of a squash (perfect for fall!) He's almost 16 inches and weighing between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds!

Weight gain? My weigh-in yesterday has me at 22 pounds. This means I maintained my week from last week, but I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing? My doctor is not concerned about my weight, so I'm just going with the flow!

Stretch marks? Still none, but I read a sad article about stretch marks. The article said that if your are genetically prone to stretch marks (i.e. you already have existing ones) it is a guarantee that you will have them. As someone who has had stretch marks since middle school, it looks as though I am doomed! Maybe I'll get lucky and only have a few.

Belly button in or out? OUT! People can see it and comment on it!

Sleep? I snatched up my mom's memory foam pillow that she had discarded in a closest and it has been amazing. I sleep so much better just having switched pillows!

Best moment this week? Hearing little boy's heartbeat and going to the new OB. I love my doctor and all of the nurses, they are so sweet and they have already made me feel very comfortable. Plus they are great at keeping me informed on tests and stuff so I don't feel totally in the dark and clueless.

What I'm looking forward to? Possibly starting birthing class asap. The new hospital is sending me out a packet and we should be able to get in, although they are 6 weeks worth of classes so we're really cutting it close. I have a name of a local doula who offers birthing classes so I might try giving her a call too. My last minute idea is to read as many books as possible and rent a DVD series from the library (does that sound lame?)

Milestones: Starting the kick counts. I think this is kind of pointless right now because he kicks so frequently. I picked his most active time as 11 pm and he gets to ten kicks in under two minutes! I think the point is just to make sure he is active throughout the day and consistently, so I'm going to just be conscious of it. Also, I'm measuring at 30 weeks, so they are pushing up my appointments just in case things move along quicker than we thought! This may mean baby is coming earlier than December 10!

2 comments:

. said...

Hi There, recently a new follower and wanted to stop by:)


If you get to the point where you can't button youre jeans anymore but still want to wear them this winter, then check out http://www.tummytie.com
I bought a few of them when I was pregnant and was more then thrilled to be comfortable in my pre-pregnancy jeans still.

& if you want some inexpensive maternity jeans, definitely check out old navy and forever 21's maternity lines. Their both great options.


Talk to you soon,



Liz

Holly said...

How exciting that you are measuring a little further along! Oh my gosh, it feels crazy to say that you are/are almost at 30 weeks already, it feels like it's gone by really fast! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for you, but I'm excited to meet my little "nephew" in a few months :) And I think if you've pulled off not having many stretchmarks so far that you'll get lucky and not have any or many at all. I'm also really glad your new OB is good! Love you!!

<3 Holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...