Tuesday, August 10, 2010

beach reading

I have officially come up with my reading list for vacation. Last year I went overboard and traveled with 7 books to Mexico, fully intending to read all of them. I only ended up finishing about 4 of them, and some of the books I didn't want to read once I got there. This year I have been careful in the books I choose. I want to finish the Chronicles of Narnia series so that is the first on my list. I have the last book in the series to read, and I plan on rereading the Voyage of the Dawn Treader before the movie comes out in December (it is released on my due date, so we'll see if I get to see it in theaters!) I am also bringing the Anne of Green Gables series. I have the collection all wrapped up into one book so it'll be perfect for traveling. I've already read and reread the series numerous times, but it has been a few years and I'm excited to read it again! The third book I'm bringing is Forgotten God. I thought about rereading Crazy Love first (by the same author), but I've had Forgotten God on my shelf since Christmas, I just haven't had the time to read it. Francis Chan is one of the most inspiring authors I have read, so I imagine this book will also be life changing. The last book I'm planning on bringing is Birthed in Prayer. It got mostly positive reviews so I thought it would be worth a shot (I have no first-hand knowledge of the book). It's basically a book for the care of the soul during pregnancy...I am hoping this vacation will be a chance to refresh my soul, so I have high hopes for the book! Hopefully it shows up on time!

I may end up throwing in one more book, but in reality, I don't feel like toting around 10 pounds of books. I'm already carrying extra weight, no need to add more (although as Juno would say, what's an extra 10 pounds?)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...