It doesn't matter how many failures I have, I learn from them and God uses them to shape my path. Now I'm sure He's not pushing me to fail, but I'm a part of this flawed humanity and we inevitably fail. Aaron's work season did not at all turn out how we originally planned. We were planning on using Aaron's bonus at the end of the season for a down payment for a house, because it was supposed to be enough to cover a down payment. With the terrible weather, though, this is not how things are turning out. In fact there will be no bonus. We have decided instead, to continue renting because it is our only option (well other than continue to live with my parents and that just isn't how we want to start a family). I think we have settled on this duplex that is brand new. The other side won't be completed until next year so we won't have neighbors for awhile. It is out in the country and has a decent yard and a cute porch. It is a two-story with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a garage, all new appliances, energy efficient windows, and energy efficient insulation. It's a little more than what I would like to spend on rent, but in reality it's only $50 more a month than what we were paying in Indianapolis (how sad is that?!) I need to sit down and look at all the numbers to make sure we will make enough a month to cover all of our bills, but it should be doable because Aaron will continue to receive a paycheck). We're going to go Wednesday to look at it after the ultrasound and hopefully be able to fill out an application. Right now there aren't any other potential renters, so we should be able to get it with no problem. I'm hoping we can move at the beginning of September and start working on the baby's room (I'll already be in the third trimester!)I have been saving up gift cards from random places (Babies R Us, Target, Home Depot, and Kohl's) in order that we have money to buy some nice things for our house. We have a lot of nice things, but there is a lot that doesn't match. Our plan is to be at this location for 2-3 years while we can save up for our forever house so I would like it to look nice. Aaron and I are also saving up all of our change and $1 bills to put towards a new mattress. I know it sounds silly but we easily already have a $100 saved up and that will really help us get the mattress we want. I cannot wait to be settled in and have a real place to call home. Our last two apartments haven't felt like home because we didn't live in them together for longer than a few months (in Indianapolis we lived together for a total of 3 months and in Ashland we lived together for a total of 5 months). Aaron can continue to live at this place and it will be convenient for him to go to work (the duplex is only 5 minutes away from the greenhouse). I just pray that we're on the path that God wants for us.
1 comment:
God definitely uses tough times as lessons for us. You and Aaron have been through so many moves and hard times, and this duplex sounds really awesome! If you have to rent for a few more years, so be it...at least you will finally be together as a family and will be able to save up enough to find the house of your dreams! You will both get through this with God's help, and He won't let you down :) In the meantime, I'll be praying that things go well with this duplex and you will be able to move in soon!!
Love you, bestest :)
<3 Holly
Post a Comment