Sunday, May 16, 2010

[Psalm 121]

This has really been an interesting week.

Aaron called me Monday night with extreme pain in his stomach and he ended up calling an ambulance because no one was around to take him to emergency. I drove up and got to the ER around midnight and we sat there until probably 2 before they decided his stomach pain was a little bit more than routine (after pushing Motrin and two doses of Morphine). They finally did a CAT scan and within minutes of receiving the results they knew something had ruptured in his stomach, they just didn't know what. He went in for emergency exploratory surgery at 6 am and by 8 he was out and in a room. The surgeon met with us and we found out that he had a stress ulcer that had ruptured through the lining of his stomach causing the stomach acid to spill out into his abdomen. He had a tube down his nose to keep his stomach clean, a catheter, IV, and a drain tube from the incision. Each day some of the tubes have come out, but it has been a slow process. Here we sit on Sunday, 6 days after being admitted and we're hoping he'll be released tomorrow.

I am so grateful that the problem was able to be fixed and that he is okay, but I am frustrated with how slow the hospital is. He could have easily gone home tomorrow with close monitoring of his liquids/foods. When he had his gallbladder out, they sent him home within hours and he was fine within a week (there were only 3 small incisions though vs. the 6 inch incision he has now). I'm also slightly disappointed that he won't be able to make it to the first ultrasound tomorrow. Although he'll be chilling at my parents' house for the next week recovering.

His job is currently in limbo as we really don't know what is going to happen. May is their busiest month and he will be out for at least another week, until he can drive and do light work, but he'll be out for quite a few weeks until he can actually do heavy lifting. The future is very uncertain right now, but we're going to trust God has a plan for us.

I am very blessed that God has been so faithful to us, even if I do not understand all that is happening. I am going to drop my Theology class (yes with only 3 weeks to go) because I am now a week behind on a paper and I would rather drop it and take it when I can focus on the class and do well. I hate the thought of just quitting, but I simply cannot make my brain focus on theology with everything else that is going on.

I am very excited for tomorrow's ultrasound. I finally get to see the little bean that has been growing inside, the baby that I have been talking to and keeping safe. I will get to hear his or her beautiful heartbeat and then things become even more real. I am no longer hoping that everything is going well and feeling helplessly lost about everything, but I will know that the baby is safe.

Please keep us in prayer.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh no, what a stressful time :-( Praying that your husband heals quickly, and that you will have job security. Praise God that He is okay, though!

Holly said...

I love you both!! God will provide. He has a plan and He will make sure everything falls into place. I'm so glad that Aaron will hopefully be going home tomorrow! And that you have your ultrasound--I can't wait to hear how it goes!! I've been praying for you guys all week and I'll keep you in my prayers always :)

<3 Holly

Lindsey said...

Aw friend, so sorry things are so stressful. Praying for you and your hubs, hugs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...