Thursday, May 20, 2010

eleven




How far along? 11 weeks

Maternity clothes?
I have been buying/winning some, but no need to wear them yet. I got a pink tee from Amazon this past week (with an Amazon gift card) and I won a $50 gift certificate to Moody Mamas Maternity and I got a cute pair of denim leggings. I figure I already live in sweat pants, leggings would be much cuter for the fall. My mom also bought me a black dress she found on clearance at Kohl's. It will be cute for any formal events in the fall.

Stretch marks? None yet. I'm waiting for them to sprout up though; I am prone to stretch marks.

Sleep? This has been the best pregnancy symptom so far. I fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. I may have 9 months of restful sleep...I am going to enjoy it while I can.

Best moment this week? Hearing the baby's heartbeat :D I thought I would get an ultrasound but I ended up not being scheduled for one (even after I explained that my insurance covers one a month, they still won't do one until 20 weeks). Hearing the heartbeat was amazing. I kept hearing mine and all of sudden there was a flutter. It was so reassuring to know that our baby is doing just fine.

Food cravings? Blah. I wish I liked food right now. I guess lemonade would be a craving but I can't seem to find real lemonade anywhere (the sugary stuff from the store just doesn't cut it).

Gender? I'm still pretty convinced it is a boy, but I saw a little girl today and she made my heart smile. I'd be happy with either :)

What I miss? Being able to eat real food, I feel like I am not getting enough nutrients for the baby because everything makes me sick.

What I'm looking forward to? Possibly switching to a different midwife. I think I like a different hospital better, and my midwife still hasn't told me she is due 2 weeks before me. I think this is big news that I should know; I don't want to get stuck with the OB at the office or some other practitioner that I don't know.

Weekly Wisdom: Take prenatal vitamins on a FULL stomach. Nighttime is best, but the key is to have a lot in your stomach to absorb it. Also a full glass of water helps.

Milestones: Hearing the heartbeat at 10 weeks

Emotions: My emotions haven't been out of the ordinary, not even close to how I am when I'm PMSing. I think I cry easier than I usually do, but I can't really determine that. I'm pretty happy lately, which is nice.

This week our baby is the size of a lime. It's crazy to think how big it is!! I'm looking forward to the next few weeks as the baby starts to grow and I'll be starting to show (my midwife said probably by week 14).

2 comments:

e. said...

Thanks for entering my blog giveaway for the baby wrap. I like to check out new readers... and I was so excited to see that your baby is due on my birthday. December rocks. Good luck with the giveaway and your wee one.

Holly said...

I loooove your baby bump picture, even though you can't see anything :) I can't wait until you start showing!! Hopefully you can find a better midwife that you will be comfortable with. And I'm praying that you will start to eat more food soon!!

Oh, and I love your new layout :)

<3 Holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...