These past few weeks have been crazy. Between finishing up the end of the quarter, working a lot, visiting with family & friends, and then the computer crashing, I haven't had a moment to just breath. This is our finals week, and I am very overwhelmed in getting everything done. I feel slightly better than I did during midterms, but only slightly. I had to work all day today and I have to work tomorrow morning, which only leaves me a few hours to wrap up homework before my last New Testament class. I did discover that my final paper isn't due until 4 pm on Thursday, so I don't plan on staying up late tonight to finish it. Instead I plan on working on it some tomorrow and finishing it up on Wednesday so I can turn it in and be done with that class! I have the usual homework to finish up for my Counseling classes as well as a final exam to study for and a 4 page paper I have yet to start. Thank goodness I am meeting with my counselor on Wednesday so I can have a break from all this madness!! Friday cannot come soon enough. We are planning on finishing up The Office season 5 (we will then have seen every episode in order except for disk 4 of season 5 which was missing from the case) and watching the new Harry Potter movie. I also have The Girl with the Pearl Earring on the shelf to be watched. I might even visit the library and pick up a few books that are on my reading list! I would love to finish up The Chronicles of Narnia series and read a Jane Austen book, but I'm going to try not to plan too much.
I had to purchase all of my books for school on Saturday because I will be starting my new quarter in three weeks and I'm worried I won't get them all on time. I've been averaging about $300 a quarter on books which is so ridiculous. Two of my classes next quarter are just group work and we still have $100 worth of books required! Here is my schedule next quarter:
Monday Afternoon: Theology of Scripture in Ministry (required mdiv. core class)
Tuesday Night: New Testament 2 (Paul's letters through Revelations)
Thursday: Counseling Theories, Counseling Theories Group, Group Dynamics 2, and Abnormal Psychology
I am taking 6 classes, but I'm hoping I can maintain working 8 hours a week as well. I'm still not sure how my grades are going to turn out this quarter, but I don't' foresee any problems. Hopefully I won't fail any of my final exams/final papers!
Aaron and I finished Christmas gifts up this weekend and we're ready to ship some out and spend the holiday with family! Jen came up on Saturday evening to Sunday because she was meeting a friend in town, but we got to hang out and catch up which we haven't had a chance to do since September! We exchanged gifts, and she got me a sweet fondue set with a retro fondue recipe book! Aaron and I love to do fondue, but it's difficult with only one set because we're limited to either cheese, oil/wine, or chocolate. We are planning on having a party in January or February that would be a fondue party (similar to our wine party only even cooler!!) I cannot wait to try out the new set and some of the cool recipes in the book!! You can definitely tell it's from the 70s because the wording is rather sexist.
Well I am off to sleep, I have been ready for bed by 9 o'clock almost every day this past week!
Blessings,
-Ashley
1 comment:
I've missed reading your blogs!! Glad you are back :)
I know that the rest of the semester will be just fine for you--finals are always stressful but I have faith that you will do great!
College books are ridiculous in general. This semester I spent $400. My brother spent about $750 this semester and only got about $100 back...yuck!! I hope you can cut the costs of some of your books by buying them online.
Ooo a fondue party would be soo much fun!! I miss you :( I know we really need to have a girls day soooooon!! I miss talking with you...we've both been so busy it's hard to catch up. But we need to have a good long phone chat one day soon to do just that :)
I love you!!!
<3 Holly
Post a Comment