Saturday, November 7, 2009

fairytale


I am such a sucker for Disney movies, especially the romantic ones. It is because of the Disney movies that I have been such a hopeless romantic. I always pictured the first kiss with my husband as being the "special" kiss that is captured in the above scenes.
It's hard to believe that one year ago Aaron and I exchanged vows and became husband and wife. This year has been different than what I pictured. We spent 5 months living apart (2 of which were spent in separate states). I was unemployed for five months, while Aaron was unemployed for three months (Aaron started his job today, actually). We moved from Indiana to Ohio, went through the process of finding an apartment and I went through the process of transferring schools and changing my degree (actually adding another degree). We went out of the country twice this year; first was for a mission trip to Haiti in February and then we went to Mexico with my family in July/August. We bought a car when my Malibu died in May and within a month of owning the new car the engine had to be rebuilt, subsequently draining our savings account (which still is empty). We learned what it was like to be on unemployment and grew to hate it, it's easier to not have income than to deal with government assistance.

I'm sure there is a lot I'm missing, but that is all my tired brain can think of! We had an amazing year, and it's all because of the God's blessing. He answered many prayers for us this year, and I know we wouldn't have survived our financial struggle if it wasn't for His grace and mercy. God has been good to us :) I look forward to this next year, and who knows what God has planned for us!! I'm not looking forward to March when we'll be living apart again, but this year I have a huge support circle and I am involving myself a lot more with the campus/local activities.
Today I worked the $1 scarf sale at Old Navy and it was pretty crazy. We had a line at 9 when we opened, but it was pretty boring for me because I can't work at the register (no one lets me do it, so they put me on the floor/in the fitting rooms). I was busy in the fitting room for the last two hours, but the first three hours were awful. I didn't think any scarves would be left by the time my shift was over, but the ones I wanted to give as gifts were still there (except for the gray stripe one that was soooo cute). Just an FYI, pretty much everyone is getting something from Old Navy this year for Christmas, I hope there aren't any complaints. Speaking of Christmas, a girl I work with, spent 13 hours on Thursday getting all of her Christmas stuff up. She had a competition with another coworker as to who could get all of there stuff up first, needless to say, she won! I actually listened to my first Christmas music on Thursday as well when I needed to decompress after the terrible Developmental Psych midterm. I put in my Relient K Christmas album (Let it Snow Baby, Let it Reindeer - I love it!) I actually skipped through the traditional Christmas songs and listened to my favorite song on the album "I Celebrate the Day." The chorus brings me to tears every time I hear it.

And the first time
That You opened Your eyes
Did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever

I recommend checking it out on iTunes :)

Tomorrow we are going to the Columbus Zoo with my brother and his girlfriend and then we're going to dinner somewhere around Polaris (there has been talk about eating at The Cheesecake Factory, but I'm trying not to get too excited!) We also took our cake out of the fridge and we'll be munching on that tomorrow night, none of us got a piece of cake at the wedding...it has only taken us a year get a piece! I will be taking lots of pictures and I get to cross something off of my list :D

Many blessings,
-Ash

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! The exact same thing happened to us with our new car! We bought it in September and within a month the engine had just completely died and now we are in the process of getting it rebuilt. It's stressful, but I really think these are the situations that bring us closer to God and each other :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...