Friday, October 2, 2009

word of God speak

My new Bible came today. It is the New Oxford Annotated Bible (NRSV) with the Apocrypha. I'm so excited to crack the binding tonight :) I've been slowly working through Job, but I think I'm going to do an intensive study of one of the Gospels that parallels what I just finished up in class. I would like to finish up Mark, and then go through Matthew and Luke (John doesn't fit in with the other Gospels).

God has been so amazing to me today. I am trying to learn how to evangelize. Not in the crazy extreme sense of the word, but I want to become more comfortable in sharing who Jesus is. Jen has really inspired me with how observant and receptive she is to the world around her. I am praying for God to reveal situations where I can bring Him up.

The above pictures speaks very powerfully to me. It makes me yearn for a quiet place that I can escape to and meditate on God's word. I have no idea where God wants to use me these next few years (job-wise, mostly), but I'm praying for clarity, direction, and wisdom!

In the quiet, I hear Your voice

Many blessings,
-Ashley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...