Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Musings [Wedding Style 4-Fashion]

Today is all about the fashion! Holly and I went to look at dresses at David's Bridal shortly after Aaron and I decided to get married (this was also when I asked her to be my maid-of honor!) I fell in love with lace dresses, and even though it wasn't what I ended up having, I love my dress even more than the ones I thought I loved at the store. I decided to do purple and pink for the colors (originally I wanted kelly green with purple, but I love the pink and purple for fall). The second dress I tried on (the one with the true sweetheart neckline), is what my mom and I used for the basis of my dress. We had another inspiration dress which I have posted in the past. I didn't get to try my dress on in its' completion until the day before the wedding, but I totally trusted my mom! The lace that was on my dress was lace from her wedding dress and I hope to some day be able to use that lace on my daughter's dress (either a Christening or wedding dress).

The guys wore pinstripe tuxes with ivory vests and light pink ties (Aaron had an ivory tie). The second to last picture is Emily (the girl who did my hair), putting my tiara in that I wore for the reception. IThe last picture is the best shot I have of the tiara (I suppose I could photograph it now), I loved how different my tiara was and that my mom and her friend were able to make it for me.



2 comments:

Holly said...

I really loved your dress, too!! The ones you tried on looked great on you, too...that style just fits you perfectly :) And I loved our dresses! I'm hoping to be able to wear mine again sometime, and I'm sure I'll be able to!

I can't wait until we can go shopping for my wedding dress :)

<3 Holly

Danielle said...

Omgosh! That dress is AMAZING! I cant believe your mom made it! What a special treat. Beautiful bride :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...