
The above two pictures are part of my mom's sewing room that grandma and I worked on organizing. The first one is just her purple and blue fabric in drawers and she probably has at least two others of just just blues and purples in an old dresser. The bottom picture is her craft stuff and unfinished projects. We organized and labeled everything! Yarn, ribbon, embellishments, lace; my mother has it all and plenty of it! I am very determined to become crafty again. I have plenty of time on my hands, why not? I have been inspired to make an iPod cover after seeing one somewhere today. Holly is graciously allowing me to make her one for her new iTouch, I just hope it turns out cute! I'm still undecided as to what to make, but Holly has said something pink or teal. I also have a sweet idea of the item I want to start my etsy store with. I just need to get the materials together and hopefully I won't have any trouble putting them together. I used to make these super fun pins with my mom and grandma when I was younger and I came across the stuff to make them when we were cleaning up. Maybe I'll have something up by next week? Class starts so that might be a bit overambitious...I have a chapter to read before class on Monday, and I believe a chapter for every class after that (there are only 11 classes, 3 hours each over the course of 3 weeks). I have a feeling this will be an overview of every other Bible course of taken over the past 3 years, but I'm praying for some fresh material!
Still no news in the job search. Neither of us have even received a phone call to schedule an interview. I wrote up a new resume that is geared towards retail jobs and I am sending those out to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Kohl's (the latter is actually hiring!!) So I am hoping to get the edge by sending out a resume instead of just filling out the application. I will probably call both of the stores on Monday if I haven't heard from them. Unemployment has been a pain and I'm frustrated beyond belief with the whole system. Aaron has been a very hard worker his whole life, he's never taken advantage of the system. Yet the people my mom work with go on unemployment all the time when they get laid off for lack of work or are on probation for drug charges!! It doesn't make any sense. We have filled out the proper paperwork for the past month and a half and every single month it says "pay withheld". We tried calling the office today (as we have in the past) and it is impossible to get a hold of a real person. We are automatically disconnected because "all available reps are busy". I cannot wait until March when we can afford our bills (among other things!) Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it out.
This quote sums up my life:
Buy me a ring that will turn my finger green
so I can imagine our love is a forest
and I can get lost in you.
And I swear I grew like a wildflower,
those years I was with you.
Blessings,

No comments:
Post a Comment