Tuesday, August 18, 2009

empty me of the selfishness inside

I ordered this picture in an 11x14 from Walgreen's (only $2.15 with tax & shipping!). I'm really hoping it goes well with the picture I posted yesterday and with the style in our room. I'm not a very good decorator, but I believe the style I am going for is French Country. I understand that pictures/paintings within this style aren't what I chose, but I'm hoping I have achieved a modern twist on it! Once the pictures are here and I have them up and the room is complete (3 pillows to make and the curtains), I will post for feedback.

I've become more determined in doing cardio on a regular basis. The plan I have been following is to do cardio every other day and to do strength training 3 days a week. I haven't been consistent in what kind of cardio I do, but as long as I keep with it, I think I'll be okay. Saturday will be the 2 week mark that I have stuck with this program!

Orientation was yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised! I was able to schedule all of my classes and I met a few people that I will have classes with this quarter. In fact, I was able to pick up a class that runs only in September so I will have one class done by the beginning of October! Here is what I am taking:
  • Foundations of Bible Study (class in September on random days throughout the month)
  • Developmental Psychology
  • Social & Cultural Issues
  • Group Dynamics I
  • Spiritual Themes in Clinical Counseling (these 4 are part of the counseling cohort all on Thursday)
  • New Testament I (Tuesday night class)

I am beyond excited to get started with classes and to meet new people!

Your destiny is not tied
to the people who walked away.
[Joel Olsteen]

Blessings,
-Ashley


1 comment:

Holly said...

That's a good idea--getting prints made at Walgreens instead of buying them....I should keep that in mind when it comes time for me to decorate a house! The pictures you picked look great :)

Cardio is good. I have slacked off on running, mostly because I haven't had time to do it, but I really love when I go running. Any cardio is better than none, so I'm sure whatever you do is good!

Your classes sound great!! I am excited to hear about them and excited for you to meet some people around campus! :) Talk to you soon!

<3 Holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...