Holly's random posts have inspired me to attempt to be just as random as her :-P
I am giving the sermon at church tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it. The scripture is Mark 6:30-34, 53-56 and I'm flowing through a variety of ideas: Jesus as celebrity, Jesus being overwhelmed, being overwhelmed, being stressed, the insignificance of our stresses, our own insignificance, God loving each and every one of us no matter how insignificant we may appear. I'm afraid that it only makes sense in my mind and that it will be lost to those at my church. But I must trust that this is all from God because there is no way I could have come up with all that on my own! God is in the details :)
Aaron and I are going to move his things to our apartment tomorrow night and we'll probably stay through Thursday or Friday. We're both going to attempt to apply for jobs and we're also applying for unemployment on Monday. This is due to Aaron's seasonal job not us trying to work the system. His company pays into unemployment (as most do) so the employees are strongly encouraged to apply in the off season. This will mean we will be guaranteed some money even if neither of us is able to find a job right now.
I was at the apartment this past week for my first of two interviews for the counseling program. This first "interview" was actually a personality inventory and consisted of roughly 700 questions. I am assuming this is being used to determine my sanity and my personality. The woman assured me that my answers would not affect whether or not I got into the program, but so far those types of "tests" have determined my not getting a job! I am going for my second interview on Monday and this is supposed to be an actual interview with the director. I was informed I will know immediately following this interview if I get into the program or not. I'm not too nervous because I know that whatever the outcome, God has it all planned out for me.
Following the interview this past week, mom and I went shopping. She got a lot of beauty products from Sephora (we don't have one close to home) and I also got a new suit from New York & Company. I fell in love with this suit (winter white with a teal pinstripe) when I worked there but it never went on sale. Well we found three pieces (jacket, skirt, and pants) for 50% off and so mum bought them for me. Thankfully the jacket is in my size, but the skirt and pants will need to be taken in and up! I'm very excited to mix and match with my new suit; I literally haven't had a new one since my sophomore year in high school!
A week from today we are going to Cedar Point and I beyond excited for this. My sister-in-law is having a company day and so we get to go for free and we are getting a lunch. This opportunity is perfect for us because we have been trying to save and not spend on anything. We'll only need to pay for gas and probably one meal. I haven't been to Cedar Point since the day after prom my sophomore year in high school. I went to Six Flags two years ago but it started raining halfway through the day so I didn't get to enjoy the day.
We're leaving for Mexico a week from Wednesday and I am also beyond excited for this! I have no idea what to expect, but I will post pictures on facebook and update here when I get back.
1 comment:
Yay for random posts :)
I hope the move with Aaron goes well, and that you both can find some jobs. Will you go off unemployment even if he finds another job?
Yay for new clothes!! That suit sounds super cute, I'm sure it looks great on you!
Just remember that God has a reason for everything. I know your sermon didn't go like you had planned, but this was a good learning experience, and maybe you'll be able to give another sermon before the end of the summer! :)
Girls night SOON!! I miss you :(
<3 Holly
Post a Comment