Tuesday, July 21, 2009

getting back to normal

Life is getting there. Aaron is moved back in and the apartment feels as close to home as I can get it right now. All the pieces aren't in place, but I no longer feel anxious and my life doesn't appear chaotic anymore. Granted we won't be officially moved in until after Mexico, but at least we have this time here now. We have been cleaning, doing dishes, doing laundry, and cooking/eating meals together. Life doesn't get much more grand than this :)

I went for my interview yesterday at the counseling center, and I got in! The director was very nice and everyone I have encountered so far has genuinely cared and been so very helpful. I have orientation on the 17th and then another one for the counseling program in October. I think classes don't start until October, so I have a longer wait than I originally anticipated. I'm going stir crazy with nothing to occupy my time, I almost wish I would have transferred for the summer quarter!
I look forward to the great many plans God has for me. I feel as though I am continuing on the right path with the degrees I'll be getting. The awesome part is, a MA is the terminal degree for Clinical Counseling as opposed to a PhD for Psychology. The director said I will be able to do everything a psychologist does with a PhD, my focus will not be research based though (as is the case with Psychology PhD students). I am still entertaining entering a doctorate program if only to teach on a graduate level. I believe I can teach as an adjunct professor at most undergraduate schools with an MA, and that is probably where I would end up. I have so many possibilities open to me at this point and I love how amazing God has been through all of this. I know I haven't always made the best and smartest decisions, but God has remained faithful. Sunday's sermon did not go well, which tells me that pulpit ministry is not where God is calling me at the moment. I'm still going to get my MDiv, but I am going to work in counseling first or possibly chaplaincy. We'll see where God wants to use me :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...