I finished the second book from my list,
Incantation, by Alice Hoffman. Although I found it in the Young Adult section, and it read fairly easy (I had it read in about an hour), it is a really good book. It raises the issue of anti-semitism and it has made me yearn to find a richer depth to my faith. I plan on doing some research into old Jewish prayers and chants. The few prayers that were included in the book were so pure and simple, and it has made me want to find the depth of devotion that persecuted Jews had/have. I find this richness in Islam as well. Christians haven't been persecuted widely for a long while and this has made us become relaxed and almost
undevoted to our faith. Those that are persecuted are fighting for their beliefs, and when you have to fight to keep something you tend to only fight for those things which matter. Silly philosophy, I know. I have five more books to read from the library and I hope the rest are as engaging and enlightening as this one was.
I have tension in my back and head that won't disappear, so I'm hoping a cup of tea and a movie will cure my aches and pains. I am finally going to watch the fifth Harry Potter movie and then I plan to do some restorative yoga. My balance ball has become my favorite addition to my yoga practice as well as my favorite piece of furniture (i.e. foot rest and chair). Life has been simple and slow since I've been back home. I have still have had no luck finding a job, but I'm okay with that at the moment. I want to be able to contribute to paying bills, but I know that God must have a reason for holding out a job for me or I might not be as dedicated as I need to be, and it could entirely be my fault. Whatever the reason, I am at peace with the way things are.
My chucks are pink & orange, but the yellow is just so heavenly :-)
"Greater things are yet to come, and greater things are still to be done here." [Chris Tomlin]
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment