Thursday, April 16, 2009

spingtime

Spring is finally here :-) In honor of this glorious occasion I am updating!!!!


Things done during break:
  • Put up pictures from Haiti at my church and included a thank you in the newsletter for financial and prayer support
  • Went to church for the first time in months (bad seminary student!)
  • Got my engagement ring back (one of my stones fell out)
  • Finally had my name changed: I spent an hour at the social security office and some time at the DMV, but those two main documents are changed!!
  • Visited Holly (and Emily at CSU) and managed to get a parking ticket!





The best part of being home was getting to spend time with Aaron. It was wonderful to curl up in bed with him and talk about the things that are to come. We found an apartment to move to in May and it is everything I wanted! It has a gas stove, a walk-in closet, and a dishwasher. Not to mention lots of light and space! I feel very optimistic that things will be better at this new place and I won't feel so isolated. One of the huge perks is that I can drive to see Holly much easier!!!

The end of the semester is now here and with three weeks left, including finals week, I am really feeling the pressure. For next week I have three papers to write, two books to read, and one presentation. One of the books is about Oscar Romero (it is what my presentation is on), and I'm actually excited to start it. The other book is Candide by Voltaire and I am currently loving the book (I have a paper to write on it). The other papers are: one on an analysis of a "different" church service I have attended and the other is an analysis of a book about Fannie Lou Hamer. After next week I have a closing worship service to participate in, a theology paper, a paper on women in Haiti, and a paper that critiques ethical prophets in my denomination. Overall I am looking at roughly 50 pages of writing by the end of the semester. We'll see how it all goes :-)

Aaron got a new wine for Easter, and I love it! It's Dolce Rosso and it's made my a local winery. We're hoping to visit this summer and hopefully taste some wine! Good wine and a good book, what could better?

P.S. Changing your name sucks; I have no idea why anyone would want to do it more than once!

-Ashley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...