Monday, March 23, 2009

she whispered to her neighbour: "winter is dead."



I am not feeling so loving tonight. I'm feeling rather lonely instead. I don't like living by myself. I don't like eating by myself, I don't like cooking by myself, I don't like washing my dishes by myself, I don't like watching TV all night in order to have some noise to keep me company. The latter has at least exposed me to new and enlightening shows and movies. I am currently addicted to NCIS & House (on USA) and I've been watching Northern Lights on Lifetime (I love a good Lifetime movie). I also take pictures of myself to fill the empty spaces. I have no motivation to read or write or do anything related to homework. I will be home in 13 days, but that is still 13 days I have to suffer through. I know that quitting my job is the right step to take because it adds to my unhappiness, but it also means that I will have even more time on my own. After my extended break, the weather should be warm enough that I can go running or even sit out on my "porch" to do homework. But there is no telling if I'll have the motivation to do anything. I've been reading my Bible a lot more, but I'm not finding any direction or finding something to fill the void. Sorry for my depressed mood, I'm just lonely.

This Nathaniel Hawthorne quote sums up how I feel right now ". . . I have made a captive of myself and put me into a dungeon; and now I cannot find the key to let me out . . . "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous post. i love your blog! that last photo is just perfect. and thats so ironic how both our friends are living in amsterdam temporarily. my friend's hubby's job transferred him there temporarily, so its pretty cool.
xoxo,
Micaela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...