Sunday, March 8, 2009

refreshing day to myself

13. Have a Barnes & Noble day alone (March 6, 2009)

I decided not to go to Barnes & Noble, but instead go to the Half-Price Bookstore. I've been in one a few times back home, but this was the first time I actually wandered around and looked for books. I spent a few hours just browsing what they had, and although I was disappointed with the contemporary version of books they had (I love the smell of old books!), I ended up deciding on three books. As I've previously mentioned, I plan on spending $10 a week on books and that is exactly what I did! I picked up a fourth book that my dad asked me to look for, so that wasn't factored into my total. I am now the owner of a collection of Emily Dickinson's poems, "Plain Truth" by Jodi Piccoult, and "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. The book I got for my dad was "The Power of the Dog" by Don Winslow. Unfortunately customers were being rather loud in the store so I couldn't sit to read, but I sat in my cozy car and read a few chapters from the Piccoult book. She is one of my favorite authors and I'm hoping new books will appear at the store over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...