Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the magic of books

I've decided that each week between March 9 and May 12, I am going to take $10 out of my paycheck and buy books at either Good Will or the Half-Price Bookstore. I have rediscovered my love of reading (thanks in part to my required reading). All I can think about is having towering bookshelves in a cozy room that are filled with wonderful old books! A list of books I'm hoping to find:
  • Soren Kierkegaard "Works of Love"
  • Alice Walker "The Color Purple"
  • Louisa May Alcott "Little Women"
  • Ernest Hemingway "A Moveable Feast"
  • Jane Austen "Pride and Prejudice", "Sense and Sensibility", "Emma", and "Persuasion"
  • John and Stasi Elderedge "Captivating"
  • Francis Hodgsen Burnett "The Secret Garden"
  • William Faulkner "As I Lay Dying"
  • a few books of poetry (hopefully some Emily Dickinson)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...