Saturday, March 14, 2009

daylight is coming

This week is full of such promise. I love Sundays, because it is a blank slate, a fresh start to the week. Holly is coming in on the bus tomorrow afternoon and we have so many fun things planned over the two days she'll be here. We're starting off our rendezvous by sipping wine, soaking up the sun, and sharing in good conversation. Monday we have plans to: go shopping (I'm hoping to find a cute summery dress), maybe getting bubble tea, get some groceries, get dressed up for appetizers somewhere fun, and watch a movie while sipping mixed drinks (possibly Juno or something uber romantic). Tuesday she has to go home, but I'm sure we'll have one last fling before she leaves!

The rest of the week isn't as exciting, but I don't have anything due this week just the usual readings and my a one-page reflection. I didn't make it to the bookstore on Friday to buy books which means I have twice as much money to spend when I go next Friday (or possibly Holly will want to go while she's here). I have to work on Friday and Saturday, but I enjoy working on the weekend because the time always flies by.

I've been having a problem sleeping lately and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried reading before bed or watching TV. I've tried yoga and warm milk. Nothing seems to be able to help me relax and fall asleep before 4. This has resulted in not waking up til noon and leaving me with the feeling of my entire day being wasted. I've tried setting my alarm to get up early, but I am so tired that I just want to sleep until I feel rested again. My mind is so active at night. Maybe I am nocturnal? Whatever the diagnosis, I hope that I can find a cure! I also need to find a cure for my lack of motivation, but that is a different story...

Things that need to be done and are fueling my lack of motivation and sleeplessness:
  • Turn in my last transcript request form for my scholarship
  • Pay the internet bill
  • Do my taxes (2 state and federal...blah)
  • Change my name
  • Vacuum, clean the bathrooms, do laundry, do dishes
  • Send out thank you cards (for Haiti and still some from the wedding - my dad still has yet to get me addresses from his coworkers!!)
Blessings
-Ash

P.S. My mom finally ordered wedding pictures and they should be in by the time I'm home in April :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...