Wednesday, November 19, 2008

married life

It has been awhile since I've had time to update on here! I'm sure by now everyone has figured out that I am officially married (the pics on facebook probably gave it away). Being married has been fun so far, and now I know what the whole "honeymoon stage" really means. I still am in shock that I am actually married and it's weird to think I have a husband and that I am a wife. Aaron has been unable to find a job yet - not from lack of trying though. He is at a second interview today and he had an interview yesterday for a place that isn't hiring until January, unfortunately. Hopefully he'll be able to find something soon because my income is not enough to support us both. During his period of unemployment, Aaron has been helping a lot around the house. He has done the laundry twice since he has been here and cleaned the toilets. He also has been taking out the garbage/recycling and helping me with the dishes. I know that he is bored a lot right now because I have been working so much and gone at class a lot. I hope he's able to find something to occupy him soon and I hope he is able to make some friends.

One thing we have had a lot of time to do is cook, and we are good cooks! We've made: nacho bake, pretzel encrusted chicken, hot dog and mac and cheese mexican burritos, and homemade burgers. We both really enjoy eating together and making simple and delicious meals. I look forward to cooking a lot more and hopefully being able to bake bread with our new mixer. We probably won't be baking a lot of cakes/cookies because last night I decided to limit myself to one sweet item a day. I have been eating way too many sugars and it's affecting my face and my stomach.

I worked a crazy amount of hours this past weekend and I am none too happy about it. I think I was just under 40 hours over 5 days plus I had class 2.5 days last week and 2.5 days this week. I literally have not had a day off since last Monday when Aaron and I drove 5.5 hours to get back home! I actually have this Friday off and I'm looking forward to doing nothing the WHOLE day! I skipped my class this morning in order to keep my sanity because I knew there was no way I would be able to sit through that class without going crazy - plus I'm running on like 8 hours of sleep over two days. I have my fingers crossed that I'm not scheduled for more than 15 hours next week (which was the original agreement), but I doubt that will happen with Black Friday and the holiday weekend. Speaking of that weekend, Abbie and Levi are coming to visit and bringing a Thanksgiving-esque meal! I asked if I could work on the morning on Saturday but I was too late in putting in my request. Hopefully I won't have too long of shifts so that I can spend some time with them. If not, the management will definitely hear from me and I may end up putting in my two-weeks notice. We'll see :-)

Nothing else too exciting to update on. I'll be back whenever I get enough time off to update!

Blessings,
-Ashley

1 comment:

Holly said...

i'm glad to hear things are going so well :) i'm sorry about work, though...that really stinks they make you work that many hours! and, btw, you look beautiful in the picture on the previous post..that color really suits you!! and the jeans are cute, too. that will be nice that abbie and levi are visiting you...what a fun thanksgiving! i'm still planning for a trip in january...we'll see! miss you tons...hope to talk to you soon! tell aaron i say hi!

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...