Friday, June 13, 2008

Pray without ceasing

When God calls you, he doesn't uncall you.

Someone had this posted on facebook and it made me think about all that I am going through and the decisions I am currently making. I am so certain God is calling me to seminary this fall. I can remember sitting down a month ago and praying for some direction in my life because I felt as though I was just treading water. In that moment of prayer God hit me with a huge revelation; I knew He was calling me to seminary this fall. After this revelation, I can remember bursting into tears because I knew that meant leaving behind the love of my life. God had other things in store though! That night, when I told Aaron my revelation, in tears, he looked at me so calmly and said "well let's get married this fall." It may not have been my fairytale proposal, but how could God not have planned that out for us? Neither of us planned for this to happen, God just provided the words and the tools to us. We both accepted this course for our lives with no questions asked. We didn't think getting married so young and so rushed would be easy or "fun" (i.e. high school dreams of fairytale romance.) We knew it would be tough. Since that day, it has literally been an uphill battle, and we're still five months away from the wedding.

I believe that God has everything planned out for Aaron and I. We're going to be poorer than poor, but "Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?" (James 2:5, NIV.) Is it naive to put so much faith in my belief that God will provide? Isn't that whole concept of faith? I know we have to put an effort into this relationship, but why do I have to worry that God won't provide? I think the below quote just about sums up how I have reached this calming point in my life.

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.

God is good all the time, all the time, God is good.
-Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't think it's naive at all to put all your faith in Him...that's what He's there for. God will provide, and all that matters is that you 2 love each other and are meant to be together forever and you are ready for forever to start now...don't let anyone tell you differently! once all the newness of your engagement wears off in a few weeks, everyone will just be so excited to hear about wedding plans and help you and aaron out with stuff that it won't matter how soon you have had to plan this and put things together! everything will start to come together. and that quote is really good and very true. just keep your chin up and keep praying :) love you!

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...