Saturday, April 12, 2008

Youth Sunday

I have been stressed the majority of this week due to Youth Sunday tomorrow. We had three practices this week and I'm praying everything will fall into place. I have faith in the kids, I am just afraid that I gave them too much to do at one time and I don't want them to look bad because of me. We're attempting a contemporary service, which is a much bigger undertaking than I was expecting. The majority of the kids have never attended a contemporary service and are not at all familiar with popular contemporary worship songs. I tried my best to pick songs I have heard at numerous churches, but I'm afraid I may have picked a little too contemporary. We are going to try:

  • "Grace Like Rain" - a version of "Amazing Grace"
  • "Holy is the Lord" - I found a beautiful version by Bethany Dillon for the girls to sing
  • "I am Free" - this was a bit too contemporary considering it was from a band I heard at ATF
  • "We Are Hungry" - I've heard this at quite a few chuches

They will also be singing "Peace Like a River" which is a song from camp that the congregation is also familiar with. If everything goes smoothly tomorrow, we may ignite the fire to start a contemporary service or at least shift to a few contemporary songs :-) We will see.

Three good things that happened today:

  1. Getting to Willoughby and back home without getting lost
  2. Talking with Connie at work about my future ;-)
  3. More of my herbs coming up!

I am going to be super busy over the next two weeks.
My SCE paper is due Wednesday, but my advisor wants it by tomorrow night.
My SCE presentation is due Friday.
I have an SCE presentation for Scholar Day on April 24.
I turn 21 on the 25th.
I have a 15 page paper due on the 28th (I have 2 pages done.)
I have my other SCE presentation for my major on April 29.
I have two finals.
I graduate on May 11.

A new chapter of my life begins on May 12. We'll see what God has in store :-)

-Ashley



....I wish fairytales were real life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some great songs :) i'm sure the service will turn out great!!

<3 holly

S. said...

i have blogspot now.
martini-macaroni.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...