Monday, April 21, 2008

Update

This is the last week of class (plus next Monday) and I couldn't be happier. I just finished my journal for my Theologies of Non-Violence class that is due tomorrow. My last T/Th classes are tomorrow because of Scholar Day on Thursday. One of my classes is going to the local coffee shop, which will be a fun time. I still have a 15 page paper due next Tuesday and I need to finish proofreading my SCE. Other than that, I am done :-)

This afternoon I went fishing with Mr. C and his cousin and his cousins wife. I am not much of a fisherperson (plus I don't have my license) but I had fun being outside and enjoying the nice weather. I look forward to more relaxing moments by the lake this summer. I'll post some pictures once they're uploaded.

I also got my new license this afternoon, which is super exciting. I now have a "corrective lenses" restriction because I cannot drive without my contacts/glasses. My picture didn't turn out too bad, I think I can live with it for the next four years (or year...)
Tonight was the Degree of the Rose for Kappa Phi. I am now an alumnae!
I got:
  • "The Power of a Praying Woman" - a book I've wanted to read for a long time
  • rose scented potpourri
  • a rose magnet
  • a journal/memory book
  • a bookmark
  • rose scented bath soaps
  • starbursts
I am going to miss the girls and planning events, but it was my time to go. I do not think I would have made it through another year, unfortunately. I hope that they continue to grow and find more dedicated members. If Sandy sends me any pictures, I will post them.
Mom is coming up on Thursday to bring my cap and gown and to go to the Honors Convocation/go to my Scholar Day presentation. I am hoping we'll have a chance to go out to lunch. No one I have talked to received the email I received about getting an award, so we'll see what happens!

God bless,
-Ashley





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you that you are graduating....eeee!!! :-D i hope your award is great, can't wait to hear about it!!

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...