Friday, March 21, 2008

Graduate School

The last two weeks have been very busy and quite life-changing.

Last week I learned about an opportunity to be a camp counselor this upcoming summer and I jumped at the chance to work with high school kids. I had to rush around and get ready for counselor training which was last weekend, needless to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for getting to the training (thank you Garmin!)

On Sunday, I finally applied to grad school. This had me rushing around to fill out my application, find references, and generally be satisfied that I finally made the next step in my life. Applying hear led me to the opportunity for a full-tuition scholarship which is what I have been trying to apply for over the past few days. Even though I'm rushing around, I feel so at peace knowing that I am finally on the right path. Everything fell into place for me and I can't help but know I accepted God's calling in my life and now I am on to the next journey. Thank goodness Aaron has been so supportive. It'll be a challenge to have a long-distance relationship next year, but I have faith that our relationship is strong enough to handle just about anything :-)

I have been so blessed this week and it is so perfect that it all came together during Holy Week. Jesus died on the Christ to forgive my sins and forge a relationship between me and my God. It is all because of his sacrifice that I can even think about having a job and am able to have faith in all that I do. I am grateful for the many blessings I have, and I hope I don't take any of them for granted. I have worked hard to get to this point and I survived through all the tears and fearful situations, and I would not have survived had it not been for the supportive people the Lord placed in my life. They have been my rocks!

Happy Easter all!

-Ashley



P.s. I wish it were sunny & warm, not cold & a chance of 6" of snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that things are falling into place for you!! we will have to have some catch up time when we get back :)

<3 holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...