Over the past few months, since I've been grocery shopping for myself, I have slowly been making a shift to organic foods. We don't have any fancy organic markets around here so I am limited to the three aisles at the local grocery store, but they have a pretty good selection. I wish we had a farmer's market nearby because I love fresh produce, but alas, I have to either eat frozen or imported produce. Hopefully over the summer I will be able to find a few local outdoor markets that have some homegrown foods.
Some of the foods I've tried/will be trying...
- chocolate soy milk - I absolutely love this stuff, I can't get enough of it!
- "oreos" - they are organic oreo type cookies I found, they're actually vanilla bean and green tea, but very good
- mac & cheese - I decided to try mac & cheese today. I guess it isn't certified organic but it's all natural cheese and pasta
- peanut butter - a new one I'm trying, I'll keep everyone updated on if I like it or not
- grape juice - it was actually cheaper than non-organic juice so I decided to give it try, I doubt this will disappoint me
The only downside to organic food is how much more expensive it is then "regular" food. It is really tough for a poor college student to become entirely organic, but hopefully over the next few months I will slowly become more organic :-) My next goal is to find free range chicken, this is yet to be something that is carried at the local grocery store.
God bless,
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment