Wednesday, March 2, 2016

101 Things February Update

This month my goal was to cross 8 things off my list but unfortunately I only made it to  3.  I did start 3 other items though so I'd say I'm not doing too bad!

46. Visit the Science Center (Feburary 28, 2016)

For my mom's birthday we visited the science center in Cleveland.  My kids had a blast and I was amazed at all the fun stuff they had to do.  We easily spent 3 hours there and probably could have spent a lot more time up there!

70. Volunteer for a work event (excludes events I'm require to attend) (February 20, 2016)

For this one A and I volunteered for a charity bowling tournament.  I haven't been bowling in 6+ years so I didn't know what to expect, but it was sooo much fun! We competed against another branch and had these weird league rules but I can't wait to do it again next year.  Plus it's great to raise money for a local kids charity :)

71. Have a no-spend month (February 2016)

This was my first attempt at a no-spend month and I think it went fairly well. I had to exclude items that were for birthdays/gifts (we have 2 family birthdays in February and my niece was born this month).  I also excluded anything A decided to purchase as I didn't force him to do this with me.  I'm hoping to attempt this again in a few months and get him on board too!


2 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Number 71 is actually kind of fun! And I know people have used it successfully to "break the cycle" of spending.

Kristen said...

I love the idea of a no-spend month!! I've always been the type of person that sees something I would love but never buys because I feel guilty even spending $20 on myself. I'm a simple girl as it is, but would rather save old items and use them until I can't, especially clothes. I spoiled myself yesterday with a shirt, but definitely questioned the purchase because i didn't have a coupon on hand :) How do you do with groceries? I feel like that is definitely my weakness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...