Throughout the 8 years I've been practicing yoga, my practice has had a variety of focuses. In the early years I focused on learning the basics. Learning the proper names learning anatomy and becoming more aware of my body. Thru both pregnancies I focused on how yoga could build strength and endurance for labor. After each pregnancy I focused on using yoga to help tone and bring myself back in connection with my body. Now I'm at a point where I have been challenging myself in my practice. In the past few months, though, I've fallen in love with savasana and relaxation poses. It could be the fact that I'm a mom and rarely have a moment to myself, let alone to rest, but it has brought a wholeness to my practice. It used to be something I'd skip over, but now it's my favorite part. It has become my moment of prayer, my time to be still and just be.I know my practice will evolve again and again, but I'm happy with what I'm doing and the peace I'm finding.


1 comment:
I love the savasana yoga poses! Especially at the classes I took--they were so relaxing and I really looked forward to them just to relax and enjoy the time.
Your child's pose rocks, btw :)
Post a Comment