Thursday, July 25, 2013

E is a year old!


Well we made it :) My baby is officially a toddler.  She brings us much joy (and many long nights), but I can't even remember what our lives were like before she was a part of our family.

Sleep: Right after she turned 11 months, she slept thru the night twice (11.5 hrs and 12 hours) and I really thought we were on to something.  She was finally taking a bottle and I assumed her poor sleeping was from being hungry.  Then her top incisors started to come in and we went back to poor sleeping and now her lateral incisors are coming in and so she is still sleeping poorly.  Most nights she is in bed around 7:30 and she is up 2-3 times until midnight and typically she will sleep from midnight until 7:30 am (although her lateral incisors seem to be giving her a hard time so she's up typically around 1:30-2 and sometimes again around 3 or 4).  Most days she is taking 2 naps with a morning nap around 10 and an afternoon nap around 2.  She has had some days with only 1 nap, so she could be shifting in that direction.  Her naps are typically about an hour each.

Food: She has been drinking whole milk from a bottle for the past month (per the doctor's request).  Most days she is drinking 4-6 ounces in the morning, afternoon, and before bed.  I was nursing her in the middle of the night up until about 2 weeks ago when I realized my milk supply had dropped to pretty much nothing.  She now gets 2-4 ounces from a bottle in the middle of the night, if she would like it.  This means I am no longer nursing (although she has wanted to comfort nurse a few times, and I have let her). I know I am more sad about this ending than she is!  When she's not teething, she eats great.  She will eat just about anything you put in front of her.  Fruit of any kind is her favorite.

Diaper size: 3

Clothes: 6-9 months and 12 months

Weight & Length: Her 1 year appt isn't until we get back from Ohio so I won't know til then.  She weighs roughly 16 pounds on our home scale and I'm hoping that's enough to keep us from going to the pediatric endocrinologist.

Development: She took her first step about a week after turning 11 months and has been progressively getting better.  As of her first birthday, she is walking everywhere - no more crawling for her!  She is still sort of unsteady, but is getting so good at it :)  She loves to imitate songs (Old McDonald is a favorite), dance, and generally just babble.  Her favorite toys are her push car, any kind of ball (she loves to roll and throw), and now she's getting into cars.

Because we're in Ohio, I don't have any pictures from the previous month, but will post some eventually.  I also have a post with her 1st birthday pictures coming up soon :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's getting bigger! What a cutie :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...