Friday, July 13, 2012

38 weeks


38 weeks pregnant with W

38 weeks pregnant with baby girl

Baby stats/size: According to the bump she is the size of a pumpkin (although last time around the bump said a 38 week old baby is the size of a watermelon).  She should be around 7 pounds and 21 inches.

Weight gain: 20 pounds. I am 5 pounds under where I was was at this point last time.

Stretch marks: Definitely, and I'm pretty sure there have been some new ones appear!  The final verdict will be after I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size

Sleep? Surprisingly I've been sleeping really well and W has been sleeping completely through the night.  It takes me awhile to fall asleep, especially with the contractions, but I generally sleep through the night - only waking once to use the restroom.

Best moment this week? My mom visiting.  Because we thought we were in labor last week she took a flight in to help with W, but here I'm sitting a week later still pregnant.  It has definitely taken some stress off of me knowing she will be here to take care of W rather than have him stay with a stranger (last week one of A's coworkers came to spend the night and I was a nervous wreck all night that he was going to wake up and freak out over a stranger being there).

What I'm looking forward to? Meeting our baby girl :) My next appointment isn't for another week, and my dr highly doubts I'll make it to that appointment but I was told last week that I wouldn't make it another week and here I am!

Labor signs? Every hour of the day! I have 2-3 contractions an hour and they are a bit stronger at night but still not bad.  I also have lots of cramping.  I'm still dilated to 4ish (4.5 depending on the dr), but my dr said her head is still pretty high.  He has told me not to labor at home for more than 2 hours because of how far dilated I already am and this being my second pregnancy.  He did tell me there is a slim chance I would be able to get an epidural or pain meds by the time I get there and I told him that was fine with me!  He has suggested he'd like to break my water at 39 weeks because we live a distance from the hospital, but I'm not so sure how I feel about that. I guess we'll see in a week :)


2 comments:

Melanie said...

You are too cute, and I love reading your blog! :) I have a little boy who's 18 months with #2 on the way (due in Dec), and I always love running across mamas in the same boat as me! Glad you are doing well--won't be long now! :) Melanie

Emily said...

You are absolutely glowing! I'll be thinking of you these next couple weeks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...