- We arrived late Thursday night and after some fighting finally got W to go to sleep in Lexi's crib (thank goodness for that crib, there is no way that kid would have fallen asleep in the same room as us...he has learned to love his own space). Danielle had the sweetest welcome basket and sign set up for us, I'm super mad I didn't take a pic of it because it was Pinterest-worthy!
- Friday we decided to take the kids to children's museum and W loved every minute of it (I wish there was one near us). W was always off doing his own thing (probably because he was the only boy in the group and pretty much wanted to play with trucks in every exhibit)
He *loved* this race track
Obviously this looked like a track
Playing music
Caught a glimpse of myself in a full-length mirror for the first time and I looked hugely pregnant...haha
- We had an early night Friday night because being in the L&D late, driving, and the time-change had finally caught up with us - plus A left to go fishing with Danielle's hubby at 3 AM Saturday.
- Saturday while the guys were fishing we took the kids to pick blueberries. Lexi was a champ and such a lady, W was such a boy and would grab a few blueberries and then take off for the next row. I spent most of my time chasing him, but it was a lot of fun (note to self: start letting W walk on his own more so he learns not to run off)
He loves blueberries
W agreed to work together for 2.5 seconds! Isn't Miss Lexi the most adorable little girl?? She had on pink diva sunglasses :)
Mac & cheese before naptime!
- During the kids' naps Danielle showed me how to be crafty. She taught me how to make a tutu (I made one for baby girl's newborn photos) and how to make bows (she is still a million times better than me, but it was fun to learn!) We also worked on her embroidery machine and hopefully she'll be able to start using it! That night we also did some more crafting as the husband's willingly watched the littles!
- Sunday was Father's Day and Danielle and her husband made a delicious breakfast (seriously all the food all weekend was delicious, she was so creative!) We left after lunch when we knew it would be right around W's nap time. He did really well sleeping in a new environment, I was totally impressed (and grateful!) On our way home we stopped at Bass Pro Shop and it was obviously packed with it being Father's Day
Looking at the fish with daddy
It was such a fun weekend and great to finally meet Danielle! We text all the time and I'm so grateful that we have become such great friends :) It is definitely wonderful to have a mama friend to keep me sane when things get crazy around here!
1 comment:
I am so glad you could come! It was agreat visit and I can't wait to plan anotherr little meet up :)
Post a Comment