I started seeing a lots of pins for a date night jar which I thought was perfect. Not only does it take the decision-making out of planning a date, but I could alter it so that all of the date night ideas would be at home, with things we already had. The date night jar I made is nothing fancy. I didn't use cute popsicle sticks (that would require buying something) or decorate the jar. It is simple, but effective. Here are the ideas I came up with (most are my own, but some I borrowed from other date night jars):
- Rewatch the first movie we watched together
- Bake something together
- Write out our bucket list
- Fill up the baby pool, grab some drinks, & sit outside
- I get to pick the movie
- Read something from the Bible & discuss
- Take a bath together with candles
- Get take out and play board games
- Chopped challenge like from Food Network
- Build a fort
- Do a video interview for our kids to watch later
- Play Lego Harry Potter together (or any video game, this just happens to be one we like to play together)
- Have a candlelit dinner
- A picks the movie
- Sensual massage night
- Picnic in bed & listen to music together
- Get dressed up and have a nice dinner at home
- Play board games
- Look at the stars
- Play frisbee/toss a ball outside
- Puzzle & pizza
- Scrabble by candlelight
5 comments:
I totally understand!!!! My husband works 60 hour weeks and we rarely see each other without a toddler clinging to us! We have gotten creative to spend time together. Our favorite is to make ice cream sundaes, eat them in bed and play Uno. It's so hard to stay connected with a little one around. Love the ideas!
Love these ideas! I borrowed them :)
One date night idea we are going to do (it requires a little plannin) is a Mr & Mrs Smith date night! Im guna get nerf guns and have a sweet dinner prepared and then bam! We will have a war! And maybe watch the movie too!
Love this!! Kinda going off Danielle's idea, I've seen this other places before, but when he comes home from work you could have a note and a water gun ready for him letting him know that he's under attack! Even have the kids in on it too so you all try to get each other. I dunno, seems like it might be fun :)
You could also do a mystery date where the other person has to decide what you'll eat and what you'll do. Like make your favorite meal for each other or something like that.
I love that Chopped challenge idea!
Those are great ideas! I'm going to have to remember some of those, because even though we don't have kids yet, Luke works 2 jobs and is rarely home, so we don't go out much. One thing we like to do is hook the computer up to our big TV and just watch funny you tube videos on there together. It's always great to laugh together!
I just found your blog and I love it! I am always trying to think of free or cheap ways to be entertained throughout the week. I seriously love eating outside on our patio. We don't do it often enough. But when we can, it feels like a real treat!
Post a Comment