Friday, January 20, 2012

baby name help & poll

We are having a very hard time picking out a girl's name. We've had our boy's name picked out for awhile so no worries there. A is convinced we're having a boy so he thinks it's silly to consider girl's names...I want to, just in case he's wrong ;)

  • We are staying away from any names that begin with A & W
  • We don't like popular names (preferably outside of the top 400)
Our list so far looks something like this (this changes daily so A probably won't like a name on it tomorrow): Coral, Finley, Halle (Hal-e), Primrose, Jolene, Willow, Lola, Isla

Don't even get me started on middle names!

We're planning to announce the baby's name when we announce the gender so I'd really love to have the name picked ahead of time. I have come up with a fun way to announce it and I cannot wait to share when the time comes.

I welcome any suggestions :)

Also, I have a poll on the right hand side, please take a moment to venture a guess!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I know willow and Lola are both on the "trendy" Nameberry lists of what's expected to be popular names in the next few years But I think all of your names are beautiful! I can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl!

Miranda said...

i really like halle and i don't feel like that name is too popular. i also really like isla but 2 people from my HS just had daughters and named them Isla...i think it is on the rise. when do you find out?

Danielle said...

I love willow! Thats cute! Im going to look into names for ya, i will keep ya updated:)

Holly said...

I like Halle (especially the way it's spelled), Coral, and Isla. I think Willow is starting to get popular but it's still cute.

You could always go with Americus.... ;)

Unknown said...

I always love old fashioned names. I always look up popular names of the 20's and 30's to get ideas. Sometimes they have really cute names.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...