Weight: 20 lbs even on the home scale
Diaper: Size 4
Shoe: 4.5
Clothes: 12 months but he's moved into 18 months for the length
Sleep: He's sleeping between 10 and 12 hours at night and only waking up once (with full out crying) two nights a week. Depending on when he gets up in the morning (between 6:30 and 8:30) he takes one or two naps and goes to bed around 9.
Mobility: He walks and runs everywhere. He hasn't actually crawled in weeks. He loves to climb on everything.
Speech: He still refuses to say mama but says dada a lot. He says "bottle" (his first word that he said on 12/3/2011) and "button" and knows what they mean. He has repeated "tree" and "deer" but I don't think he knows what they mean. He knows that a dog says "woof" and a cow goes "moo", he also roars like a lion/tiger/bear (we lump them altogether) and he also makes the sound of a monkey (which generally sounds like screeching).
Favorites: This month he loved bath time. He learned how to put things in to other things and he loves to shake his head no. He loves spinning on chairs, being upside down, jumping up and down, and sneak-attacking people.
Eating: He's still eating mostly pureed foods but we've been offering him big-people food at every meal for the past 2 months. He throws most of it to the dog and simply prefers pureed. This month we started trying some meat and he loved hamburger and salmon but wasn't a fan of chicken or turkey. I don't think he's ready to be exclusively on big-people food and I'm okay with that. We introduced whole milk this past week and it has gone okay. He doesn't love using a sippy cup so it hasn't been an easy transition. He's only getting milk for his afternoon feeding and we're still giving him formula in the morning and in the evening. I'm waiting to go for his appointment with the new pediatrician before I switch him completely (I really need to find a new pediatrician in Florida).
Now some pics from W's blue and green 1st birthday party!



Surrounded by all of his new toys!
He got a ton of new things and I'm not exactly sure how we're going to fit it all in the car. He got a riding toy, an elefun ball popper, curious george, a sock monkey, a couple of baby einstein toys, a couple of melissa and doug toys (two puzzles and a train), lots of fun books, a tool set, a water fountain for the bathtub, and clothes. We had a lot of fun and I'm glad we were able to get everyone together before the move! We are heading out tomorrow morning with hopes of being in Florida Tuesday night (it's a 17 hour trip). I know I won't have internet access outside of my phone for at least a week but it could be longer. I will be posting short updates from my phone on my private blog but I don't plan to be back here until next week. Wish us luck on our move!
I'll still be reading all my blogs and I will be commenting back as best I can!
I'll still be reading all my blogs and I will be commenting back as best I can!
8 comments:
aww Happy Birthday to him!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =) He is so darling...
xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On
He is sooooo big!!! I can't believe he's already 1, I still remember being at the hospital last year holding him when he was just a little peanut!! Gahh he grew so fast, but he's an adorable little toddler for sure :) When he says button it makes me smile, it's so cute that he knows what it is! He'll say mama soon I'm sure :) Have a safe trip down to FL!!!
my link won't work for your private blog!??!
W looks to have had a great birthday paty! I Love babies shaking their head no- I think it's the cutest thing ever!
Looks like be had a blast! And you look pretty:) hope you have a safe trip down there. Thinking if you
I love the photos! He is getting so big. I really can't believe how much of a toddler he is now. I feel like it wasn't long ago I was just finding out he was born. He's an amazing little boy!
I'd love to be able to see your private blog! No rush, I know you're verrrry busy these days. :)
Happy first Birthday to Wylie! :-)
New to your blog! Your son is sooo cute! Seems like he had a great time and got some cool gifts :)
My son will be 1 on Jan. 12! So fast! And I have no idea what to get him.
Also, welcome to Florida! I live near Stuart (SE). Hope you enjoy it :)
Post a Comment