Tuesday, April 26, 2011

24 years

Yesterday I celebrated my 24th birthday, and I must admit, I was rather nostalgic about it. This is the last year I am grouped in the 18-24 category, before I become a "real adult" grouped with the 25-30 year-olds. It feels like my last year of adolescence, before it becomes expected of me to be mature.

I celebrated with family on Sunday and I was really blessed with some awesome gifts!

  • A got me an iPhone and Roller Coaster Tycoon for the computer. I am addicted to my iPhone! My fav apps are: Hipstamatic, 8mm, Words With Friends, Baby Geek, DailyBurn, Instagram, and Chase (the latter simply because I can deposit checks from my phone!)
  • My brother got me two books (Dictionary of the Bible and Dictionary of Paul and His Letters - the Paul book randomly got sent to him when he bought the first book, lol), and The Game of Things. We played this game Sunday night and it is so much fun!!!! We were all laughing so much!
  • My parents got me a new Vera Bradley wristlet (Twirly Birds Pink pattern), Cranium, 3 bottles of wine and a wine rack (Ice Wine, Dolce Rosa, and White Catawba, yum!), the Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman movies (I used to be obsessed with show when I was younger), 2 bathing suits (this one in purple and this one in white), Burt's Bees toner, and Burt's Bees spot treatment.
  • I also got some money and gift cards from different relatives.
The best part was spending time with family and especially enjoying my little man on my birthday! He was totally spoiled for Easter! He got lots of toys and clothes :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 24th Birthday!! :)

XLMIC said...

Happy Birthday! You really were spoiled by your loved ones... that's the way it should be :)

Monica said...

New follower. Check out my blog for my first giveaway to moms with little girl.

Louise said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday! Sounds like you got some really awesome gifts!
I know exactly what you mean about feeling nostalgic! A looooooong time ago, I had a crush on Derek Jeter. I distinctly recall when he turned 25, I lost interest, because he then seemed "old." I did feel sad last year to leave the 18-24 category behind. But it hasn't been bad. :) And you have more than enough maturity for the group! Plus, next year you'll get to be 25 on the 25th, woohoo!

Holly said...

Sounds like you had a really great birthday! I knew you would love the iPhone, and those wines sound yummy...I think I need to come over for a true girls night soon ;) I want to test Ice Wine, I keep hearing it's yummy!

<3 Holly

Jessica said...

Happy late birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...