Monday, April 4, 2011

1/3 of a year old

My dearest son, you are now 1/3 of a year old! You have now seen the start of winter and the start of spring. I long for days when I can push you in your stroller at the park and going for long walks in your front pack. We have plans to visit the Rainforest at the Cleveland Zoo soon, and I imagine you'll love all the bright colors and fun sounds.

This month you started pushing yourself up on your mat and you are able to move across the floor. It's not as graceful as crawling, but you get where you want to go and I imagine you'll never stop moving once you get it perfect! You rolled over once from your back to your belly, but you haven't wanted to try since (it's okay, you're on to the next thing!) You also have accidentally rolled from your belly to your back, but you're only interested in crawling right now.

I wish that you would love sleep as much as I do, but I enjoy our snuggle times in the morning and I don't want to rush you into sleeping all through the night. That means you'll have to start sleeping in your crib in your own room...only big boys do that. You nap like a champ and I love that you don't really fight your naps.

This month I started back to school and we are apart for 2 days a week. You are doing really well with Meemaw and I know she loves spending time with you. I miss you dearly when I'm gone, but you have fun and give me a big smile when you wake up...I like to think you miss me too :) You have adapted to taking a bottle pretty well (thank you Dr. Brown's) but I'm not having fun pumping so many times throughout the day!

You started eating rice cereal about a week ago, but you aren't too interested in actually eating it. Most of it ends up on your bib, but it's cute to watch you push all of it out of your mouth. We're going to try oatmeal cereal and barley cereal this month too, maybe we'll find one you like? Your appointment is on Thursday so we'll see what the next step in food is for you!

Your favorite things this month were: your activity center, your playmat, your doorway jumper, your bumbo chair, and the activity bar on your car seat.

I cannot wait to see how much you have grown at Thursdays appointment! You fit nicely into your 3-6 month clothing, but I think they are already getting too short on you! You are still so tiny, most people think you are younger than you are

Happy 4 months, baby boy :)
Love, momma

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy 4 months Wylie boy! He's getting so big, I can't wait to see you guys again soon!

<3 Holly

Samantha said...

Happy 4 months!!! Good luck with the shots :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...