I've been collecting a rather long list of breads I want to make, so I decided to tackle the first one. I went with an easy bread and one that I knew Aaron would eat. I found the recipe for the banana bread in the March 2009 issue of Family Circle, it has just been sitting in a pile for a few months. We brought it over to Rachel and Justin's last night and everyone seemed to really enjoy it (despite not knowing that Rachel hates cinnamon!) The next two breads I plan on trying are Lemon Bread and Strawberry Christmas Bread.This was from my 101 things list - 62. Bake 5 different loaves of bread (1/5)
banana bread
Makes 2 loaves
Prep 20 minutes Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 medium ripe bananas, peeled
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1) Heat oven to 350. Coat two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2) In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Make a well in the center.

3) Mash bananas in medium-size bowl. Add eggs, sugar, and butter and beat until fairly smooth.
4) Pour banana mixture into well in dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Fold in walnuts, then divide batter evenly between prepared loaf pans.
5) Bake loaves at 350 for 30 minutes, until browned and tops spring back lightly when gently pressed. Remove to wire rack to cool.
1 comment:
Looks yummy! I bet it tasted yummy, too :) My mom has a banana bread recipe that doesn't include cinnamon if you are interested in trying that, but I know you want to try something different. Most of the breads my mom makes, besides the banana bread, are from a box mix, otherwise I'd pass along some recipes for you to try!
<3 Holly
Post a Comment