Wednesday, September 2, 2009

it's funny how you find you enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive

2009 Camping Trip

Aaron and I on the last day. We managed to survive the constant rain on the first night and our leaky tent. Next year we are hoping to have a bigger tent because our two-person one isn't always the most comfortable!


We went on a treasure hunt that was offered by the park naturalist. We went to one of the beaches and looked for gypsum crystals! I started out as a geology major in college (still would love to be one, but it wasn't where God was calling me), so I enjoyed looking for rocks. I'm also obsessed with my $10 water shoes from Target, they're perfect for camping. The following picture is of the crystals Aaron & I found.

Aaron looking for crystals (I had to drag him on this trip!)

The view from the trail to the crystal beach.

We held up the end of the line on the hike, but the little kids were so much fun to watch as they jumped over big rocks and were scolded for getting to close to the hill's edge!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...