
Summer seems to have escaped me, I can scarcely believe it is almost August! I wish to be wearing flowers in my hair soaking up the sun, neither of which I have had the pleasure of doing this summer.
Today I had the chance to evaluate my [our] lives from how others may see us. Because we are married, we doesn't necessarily *fit in* with the friends we grew up with. This has more so been the case for Aaron than it has been for me, but I've noticed subtle relationship changes, especially with people I have only been acquainted with. We went to Aaron's home church and had a very enjoyable Sunday School class and church service (I'll save that for another blog). Following church, we went to lunch at Aaron's boss' house. Him and his wife are so very sweet and their new house is quite wonderful. The two of them are probably 8 years older than us, and this has been the *problem* we have encountered. The married couples we know are much older than us and I/we feel so young compared to them. None of them have children yet (most likely soon for at least one of them), but they have so much more life experience. All of them are done with college and have careers, all of them have owned at least one house, and all of them have been married for at least 5 years. Sometimes I still feel as though Aaron and I are still dating, and I forget we're even married! I think part of my issue is that I miss my best friends. I get to Sarah fairly regularly, but Jen is halfway around the world and Holly is a distance away (although we have super fun plans for the 8th!) I cannot wait to plan our camping trip this fall! It will be fun to be with a couple our own age!
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the
messenger who brings good news, the good news
of peace and salvation, the good news that the God of
Israel reigns! [Isaiah 52:7]
1 comment:
I'm praying that you will find more couples at Ashland like the 2 of you, even if they are only dating or engaged. I have a feeling you will. Maybe they will have Bible studies or something like that for married couples that you can enjoy! I hope so. I did hear that Ashland offers a variety of church services for people (from traditional to contemporary), so I hope that will be something for you to look forward to!!
I MISS YOU!! I like that you are updating every day now :) And I love your posts. It makes me feel more connected to you since we don't get to see or talk to each other everyday really. And you know I would never treat you guys differently because you are married ;) But I am excited to see you soon AND I am excited to plan a camping trip!!! Love you!!
<3 Holly
Post a Comment