Thursday, June 25, 2009

i am dreaming.


I am dreaming of a house in a forest. One that is away from civilization and free of neighbors. One that has eight bedrooms, a reading room, a breakfast nook, and a hot tub. One with a full bar, and a basement that is complete with a pool table and arcade games. I am dreaming of five beautiful children. Three from Haiti and two biological. Three boys and two girls. A set of twins. I am dreaming of dogs and children running around in the orchard and winding through the garden. Having grand adventures along the crocked creek and only contained by a wrought iron fence. I am dreaming of curling up in a field of daisies watching the stars with my husband and smiling as the kids catch lightening bugs.

If only life could be so perfect and beautiful. At least my dreams remain unchanged by the pessimism that has slowly been eating away at things. I hold on to the hope that there will be a day with no more pain and no more tears.

My 13-year-old cousin, Vincent, was killed in a car accident last night. His mom and 5-year-old sister are both in critical condition. Please keep my family in your prayers. I'm not sure how everyone is doing because we are all spread out, but I know this is about the worst thing that can happen to a family.

1 comment:

Apryl said...

Thinking of you and your family. The ability to think of positive things in a world filled with so much negativity is rare.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...