It's nearing midnight and a beautiful storm has started. I've always loved the rain and the renewal it brings. This means that spring is on the horizon. I cannot wait for lazy days in the grass and walking along the cricks (or creeks if you're not from the NE). The smells of spring are my favorite, the wispy hint of dew and the ever present scent of the sun soaked earth. I just love it :-) Spring fills me with such optimism and joy and I cannot help but be pulled out of my gloomy mood every time I look out my window and catch a glimpse of the sun peaking through the clouds. I will miss the sun when I'm back in Ohio, but that is about all I'll miss!
Holly and I have a plan for Sunday. Sipping wine, sitting in the grass enjoying the sun ,and catching up on some much needed girl talk is our plan! My fingers are crossed for a warm day and decent weather. I'm thinking about scoping out the local Good Will stores in search of an old quilt or blanket, we don't own one and I've been wanting an outdoor picnic blanket for awhile.
I leave you with some pictures that fill me with the joy of spring :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment