Are simply the souls of beautiful things!
The poppies aflame with gold and red
Were kisses of lovers in days that are fled.
The purple pansies with dew-drops pearled
Were the rainbow dreams of a youngling world.
The lily, white as a star apart,
Was the first pure prayer of a virgin heart.
The daisies that dance and twinkle so
Were the laughter of children in long ago
The sweetness of all true friendship yet
Lives in the breath of the mignonette.
To the white narcissus there must belong
The very delight of a maiden's song.
And the rose, all flowers of the earth above,
Was a perfect, rapturous thought of love.
Oh! surely the blossoms of all the springs
Must be the souls of beautiful things.
-Fancies by Lucy Maud Montgomery
You don't have a soul,
You are a soul.
You have a body.
[C.S. Lewis]
You don't have a soul,You are a soul.
You have a body.
[C.S. Lewis]
I wish to be swept up in the romance of the spring that is on the horizon. I feel so trapped. I have a list of things I have to do (readings, writings, applications, work, taxes, bills, cleaning, etc, etc, etc), but there is so much I want to do.
I want to plant a garden.
I want to cook a fresh meal every night.
I want to curl up in my chair and read books that aren't required.
I want to spend a night with my best friend.
I want a place to call home.
I'm never content with what I have. I am always searching for that missing piece. The piece that will make me feel whole and alive. It's my constant search for the Creator. My path is not one that will ever end. The Almighty never intends for me to be comfortable in my life. Comfort equals a lack of reverence and a decline in faith. I hope that I constantly search for the next frame in my life because the Lord's will is never satisfied.
I leave you with my favorite verse. This verse is my refuge in every moment..
I want to plant a garden.
I want to cook a fresh meal every night.
I want to curl up in my chair and read books that aren't required.
I want to spend a night with my best friend.
I want a place to call home.
I'm never content with what I have. I am always searching for that missing piece. The piece that will make me feel whole and alive. It's my constant search for the Creator. My path is not one that will ever end. The Almighty never intends for me to be comfortable in my life. Comfort equals a lack of reverence and a decline in faith. I hope that I constantly search for the next frame in my life because the Lord's will is never satisfied.
I leave you with my favorite verse. This verse is my refuge in every moment..
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
[Philippians 4:4]
[Philippians 4:4]
1 comment:
That is a great verse. And you will get all of those things soon! :)
<3 Holly
Post a Comment